- Modeling Human-Machine Interactions for Aviation
Dr. Everett's research involves the design and use of embedded controllers.
||Texas A&M University
||University of Texas at El Paso
Academic Honors & Awards
||Research and Sponsored Projects, Univ. Texas El Paso, "Outstanding Performance Award"
||Best Paper Award, ASEE Conference, "Dynamics As A Process, Helping Undergraduates Understand Design And Analysis
Of Dynamic Systems"
||College of Engineering, Association of Former Students of Texas A&M Distinguished Teaching Award
||College of Engineering, Texas A&M, Lockheed Excellence in Engineering Teaching Award
||University Honors Program, Texas A&M University, Outstanding Undergraduate Fellows Thesis Advisor Award
- Pennathur, Arunkumar and Louis Everett, "Teaching Engineering: A Comparative Commentary on Analyzing Engineering
Teaching as Complex Cognitive Work", ASEE Gulf Southwest Conference, 2009, Baylor.
- Everett, Louis, "MSC Adams and Conceptual Understanding: Making Them Connect Through Design", MSC Developers
Conference, April 2009, Phoenix Arizona.
- Everett, Louis, "Ethical Leadership: Applied Decision and Ethical Theories – Workshop Series for
Undergraduates", ASEE Gulf Southwest Conference, 2009, Baylor.
- Kephart, K., Elsa Villa, Louis Everett, Arunkumar Pennathur, "Cultivating Authentic Engineering Discourse:
Results of Faculty Development Efforts", in ASEE Annual Conference. 2009, ASEE: Austin. p. 7.
- Pennathur, Arunkumar, L. Everett, Teaching Engineering: A Comparative Commentary on Analyzing Engineering
Teaching as Complex Cognitive Work, Paper 09-37, ASEE 2009, Austin Texas.